Is my contribution tax-deductible?

  • All funds received will be deposited with and distributed through Knox College, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your payment may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions.


Will I receive a receipt for my contribution?

  • You will receive an electronic tax receipt upon completion of the online gift which we encourage you to print or file for future reference. We will also send donors of gifts of $1,000 or more a paper tax receipt.


When will my credit card be charged?

  • Your credit card is charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the site. 

Does Knox College store my credit card payment information?

  • No, Knox College does not store any credit card information. 

Who should I contact with questions about my contribution?

Are international donations accepted?

  • Knox College accepts international gifts via credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, American Express) or check drawn on a bank with US deposits. 

How do I make a gift of securities?

  • Please have your broker coordinate your gift with these firms using the account information noted below.

Benjamin F. Edwards & Co.

A/C# EBR220261

DTC# 0443

235 E. Main St. – Suite 3

Galesburg, IL 61401

309-341-0682 (P) or Toll Free 877-532-1542

309-341-0684 (F)

Jack Crock, Broker; Sandy Hillier, Sr. Registered Financial Associate



Wells Fargo Advisors

A/C# 38722935

DTC# 0141

1181 N. Henderson, Suite #1

Galesburg, IL 61401

309-341-1010 (P) or 800-445-5453

309-341-1014 (F)

John Herman, Broker

Please also notify Knox of your plans to make a stock gift by emailing the information to gifts@knox.edu. In the email, include your name, the stocks you plan to give and how you’d like the College to use your gift-Knox Fund, etc. As brokerage houses often do not include donor names with the information sent to Knox, this will help us identify and thank you for your gift more easily.

Stock gifts transferred to a brokerage house are credited the day received.


Can I request to make an anonymous contribution?

  • Yes, you will be able to indicate when making your contribution that you would like to remain anonymous.

Can I get a refund for a contribution I have made?

  • Yes, please contact the Office of Advancement at 1-888-566-9265 or email gifts@knox.edu.


When will a project receive funds?

  • A project will receive their funds once the fundraising campaign is completed and the gifts have been received.


What percentage of my money goes to the project?

  • 100% of the funds raised go toward the project.


What happens if a campaign doesn’t meet its funding goal?

  • If a project does not meet its funding goal, collected funds will be used either to partially support the current project or toward other related initiatives.


What happens if a campaign is overfunded?

  • If a project exceeds its funding goal, additional project funds beyond the stated goal amount may be used toward the project. Any funds available after the project ends may be used to benefit other related projects.